All information is current for this month and is updated regularly following Greek Government Legislation in response to the on-going pandemic.
4 May 2022
The BlueVillas Team is here for every step of your personalized Greek experience, for you and your loved ones! We are closely following all the latest updates and monitoring the global pandemic situation both in Greece and abroad.
At BlueVillas our priority is that your stay at one of our luxury villas is a safe and unique experience, that all health and safety standards are adhered to. We abide by the World Health Organization, EU and Greece Coronavirus guidelines and provide Enhanced On-Site Covid-19 Operation Standards for all our luxury villas. Visit the pages to find out more about our enhanced services and housekeeping protocols.
The Greek government website Protocol for Arrivals in and Departures from Greece has all the relevant latest information you need for travel to and from here. Also make sure to check your own country government travel pages for Greece. We know that many of you may need to have a PCR Covid Test on the way back from Greece. Therefore, for BlueVillas guests we have sourced the most reliable and lowest priced PCR Covid tests available. Contact us for more information. Even more reason to book with BlueVillas!
Why Book a Private Villa?
There are many reasons why our villas are the ideal option for a unique, luxurious, and safe vacation.
- exclusive use of the space
- cleaning effectiveness
- local knowledge
- seclusion and privacy
Exclusive Usage of the Space
- When staying at a villa, you are guaranteed to come in contact with less people, as there are no communal villa areas, and you are always the only guests in the property.
- For families with children, the controlled villa environment is a perfect choice for your little explorers. Kids use their hands to ‘meet the world’ and enjoy playing and lying on the ground. At a villa, you can be sure you are the only ones using the space.
- In a villa you have the chance to cook for yourself, in your private fully equipped kitchen. You can prepare healthy and nutritious meals with greater peace of mind.
- All our villas have private swimming pools and terraces. Your moments of relaxation are perfectly protected.
- Effective housekeeping practices are immediate and adjusted according to your needs and requests. You can adjust the frequency of cleaning and request specific cleaning products (eco-friendly, hypoallergenic).
- Our cleaning team is closely monitored, and we take extra care in following all necessary safety measures with regards disease spread prevention. We want to protect the health of both our team members and our guests.
- BlueVillas offers a dedicated, reachable concierge service with local knowledge of the destination. We can help you get access to pharmacies, hospitals, private doctors, and other medical professionals effectively and discreetly.
Seclusion and privacy
- Daily health checks of staff (body temperature/cough/other symptoms) is easy as villa staff members are few and we can effectively monitor their health, thus better protecting you.
- We can help you create an all-inclusive, tailor-made experience in the privacy of your villa. This means you can have everything you want in your villa without having to mingle with other people. From private dinners to grocery delivery, we can make it happen.
If you want to find out more about what we do to guarantee a safe luxury vacation, you are welcome to contact us and discuss your options.
BlueVillas is here for you. Greece is here for you!
Greece exhibited promptness in tackling the Covid-19 spread and has continued to manage the situation by strictly following all necessary measures. The Greek vaccination program is well underway, and protective measures like masks, and self-testing are still in place. We are positive we can continue to safely welcome visitors to our villas in Greece. BlueVillas closely follows and implements EU, WHO and Greek State recommendations in cleaning, housekeeping and transfers. Visit our Enhanced On-site Covid-19 Operation Standards page to find out more about our enhanced services and housekeeping protocols.
Greece has uplifted all Covid-19 restrictions from May 1st, 2022. The vaccination certificate, test, or proof of recovery requirement has been dropped in general and face masks are no longer required in the outdoor areas.
BlueVillas has compiled a list of Covid-19 Rapid & PCR Test Centers 2021-22 in all of our destinations. You can choose to have your test either in the privacy of your luxury villa or at a designated private clinic at your location in Greece. Additionally, if you feel unwell (for any reason) during your vacation, our trained villa managers will be on hand to call a private doctor to come to your villa quickly.
Cruise ship restrictions have been completely removed and the departure and arrival of yachts is allowed, always following the safety terms and conditions.
As of May 1st, all travelers coming to Greece, regardless of their country of origin, will no longer be required to display an EU Digital Covid Certificate, recovery certificate, or test to enter the country.
Plus, visitors are no longer required to fill out a Passenger Locator Form (PLF) to enter the country.
If you have a connecting flight, make sure to also check the flight requirements of the stop-over country. Bear in mind that for connecting flights, the country of origin is deemed to be the first flight among a series of flights preceding your arrival in Greece.
Restaurants, bars, and cafes in Greece are open for outdoor and indoor service, and admission is allowed to everyone without proof of vaccination, recovery, or negative test.
Isolation (quarantine) for visitors from abroad is not required. However, all travelers arriving in Greece are subject to random obligatory rapid antigen tests at the entrance gates for selected individuals drawn from a targeted sampling system.
If found positive, a five (5) day quarantine under supervision is required either at home or optionally at their booked accommodation, as long as the length of their stay covers the isolation period. The quarantine period starts the next day of their positive diagnosis. Following the five (5) day period and if the symptoms have receded and they are feverless for 24 hours without the use of antipyretics, they are released from quarantine. If the fever insists, they must remain in isolation until the fever has fully receded.
It is mandatory throughout all of Greece to wear a mask in indoor places to limit the spread of infection in the local population. Also, in public transportation and in supermarkets, the use of FFP2/KN95 mask is required.
Starting May 1, 2022, passengers traveling by ferry to the Greek islands or going island hopping between different islands don't need any Covid-19 documents.
It is reminded that the use of face masks in the indoor communal areas of the ferries is compulsory.