All information is current for this month and is updated regularly following Greek Government Legislation in response to the pandemic.
5 June 2021
The BlueVillas Team is here for every step of your personalized Greek experience for you and your loved ones! We are closely following all the latest updates and monitoring the global pandemic situation both in Greece and abroad.
At BlueVillas our priority is that your stay at one of our luxury villas is a safe and unique experience, that all health and safety standards are adhered to. We abide by the World Health Organization, EU and Greece Coronavirus guidelines and provide Enhanced On-Site Covid-19 Operation Standards for all our luxury villas. Visit the pages to find out more about our enhanced services and housekeeping protocols.
The Greek government website Protocol for Arrivals in and Departures from Greece has all the relevant latest information you need for travel to and from here. Also make sure to check your own country gov. travel pages for Greece. We know that many of you may need to have a PCR Covid Test on the way back from Greece. Therefore, for BlueVillas guests we have sourced the most reliable and lowest priced PCR Covid tests in Greece. Contact us for more information. Even more reason to book with BlueVillas!
2021 Flexible Booking Policy
We have also implemented a new booking policy to make sure you don’t miss the chance to visit a BlueVillas property.
- For cancelations more than 90 Days Before Arrival (subjected to Villa’s demand) Option 1: Fully refundable deposit Option 2: Flexibility to change travel dates
- For cancelations less than 90 Days Before Arrival In the event of an official travel ban due to the Covid-19 pandemic between the guests’ country and Greece on the arranged travel dates, the guests are entitled to a Credit Voucher equal to their payment, which they can use for a future reservation at the villa. For more information, please contact our villa consultants.
For more information, please contact our villa consultants.
Why Book a Villa
There are many reasons why our villas are the ideal option for a unique, luxurious, and safe vacation.
- exclusive usage of the space
- cleaning effectiveness
- local knowledge
- seclusion and privacy
Exclusive Usage of the Space
- When staying at a villa, you are guaranteed to come in contact with less people, as there are no communal villa areas, and you are always the only guests in the property.
- For families with children, the controlled villa environment is a perfect choice for your little explorers. Kids use their hands to ‘meet the world’ and enjoy playing and lying on the ground. At a villa, you can be sure you are the only ones using the space.
- In a villa you have the chance to cook for yourself, in your private fully equipped kitchen. You can prepare healthy and nutritious meals with greater peace of mind.
- All our villas have private swimming pools and terraces. Your moments of relaxation are perfectly protected.
- Effective housekeeping practices are immediate and adjusted according to your needs and requests. You can adjust the frequency of cleaning and request specific cleaning products (eco-friendly, hypoallergenic).
- Our cleaning team is closely monitored, and we take extra care in following all necessary safety measures with regards disease spread prevention. We want to protect the health of both our team members and our guests.
- BlueVillas offers a dedicated, reachable concierge service with local knowledge of the destination. We can help you get access to pharmacies, hospitals, private doctors, and other medical professionals effectively and discreetly.
Seclusion and privacy
- Daily health checks of staff (body temperature/cough/other symptoms) is easy as villa staff members are few and we can effectively monitor their health, thus better protecting you.
- We can help you create an all-inclusive, tailor-made experience in the privacy of your villa. This means you can have everything you want in your villa without having to mingle with other people. From private dinners to grocery delivery, we can make it happen.
If you want to find out more about what we do to guarantee a safe luxury vacation, you are welcome to contact us and discuss your options.
BlueVillas is here for you. Greece is here for you.
Greece has exhibited promptness in tackling the Covid-19 spread and has managed to flatten the curve by following all necessary measures. This makes us positive we can safely welcome visitors in our villas in Greece, as BlueVillas closely follows and implements EU, WHO and Greek State recommendations in cleaning, housekeeping and transfers. Visit our Enhanced On-site Covid-19 Operation Standards page to find out more about our enhanced services and housekeeping protocols.
On 3 November 2020 Greece introduced ‘zones’ and the restrictions in each, depending on the transmission rate. As of May 2021, some movement restrictions are still in place, and will be reviewed every week. However, the government has announced that from 14 May Greece is officially open to tourism. Check the Greek Travel Pages for up to date information.
BlueVillas has compiled a list of Covid-19 Rapid & PCR Test Centres 2021 in all of our destinations. You can choose to have your test either in the privacy of your luxury villa or at a designated private clinic at your location in Greece. Additionally, if you feel unwell (for any reason) during your vacation, our trained villa managers will be on hand to call a private doctor to come to your villa quickly.
From May 14th, cruise restrictions are completely removed while the departure and arrival of yachts (except those coming from Albania and Turkey) is allowed, always following the safety terms and conditions.
Currently there various world-wide flight restrictions, however, this is constantly changing, so please see your country of origin Government Guidelines on travel abroad. Authorities in Greece follow updates on the spread of the virus among the Greek population and the countries of origin, adjusting measures accordingly. At the same time, tourist inflow and accommodation are regulated and controlled to allow for a safe vacation experience in Greece.
All travellers arriving to Greece either by air, land or sea need to fill out the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) at least 24 hours before entering the country. The form requires visitor details and stay information and is obligatory. Follow the link to access the form: https://travel.gov.gr/#/ Once you have completed the form, you will receive a QR code, which you can display either on your mobile phone, or on a printout. You will need to show this code to the Greek authorities on arrival. By completing the PLF before your flight, you will have a smoother arrival in Greece.
To find out more about your flight options, consult your airline provider and follow the European Union Aviation Security Agency updates. Bear in mind that for connecting flights, country of origination is deemed to be the first flight among a series of flights preceding your arrival in Greece.
All restaurants, bars, and cafes in Grecce are open for outdoor service only. Tables are placed widely apart to ensure safe distancing with not more than 6 people per table. Staff is required to self-test once a week and wear a face mask at all times. The government has announced that all bars, restaurants, and cafes have a strict closure time at 01:30 am starting from the 12th of June, but this is subject to change from July.
Isolation (quarantine) for visitors from abroad is no longer required. However, entry into Greece will be allowed under the specific following conditions. All people travelling to Greece from foreign countries will be required to have a negative molecular test result (PCR) for COVID-19, performed up to 72 hours before their entry to Greece or a proof of vaccination. This includes air, sea, and land arrivals to Greece. Only children under the age of 6 will not be required to undergo a PCR test.
Only travellers who carry a certificate of a negative RT-PCR test result or proof of vaccination will be allowed by the border authorities to enter the country. The certificates should be written in English and bear the name and passport/national ID number of the traveller. Full weekly updates check here: https://travel.gov.gr/
At present it is mandatory throughout all of Greece to wear a mask both indoors and outside, this is to limit the spread of infection in the local population and so avoid further lockdown measures. Please respect the rules as written here Covid Restrictions by Zone.
Ferries connect the Greek islands with the Port of Piraeus and other ports in Greece. The use of masks on board ferries is compulsory and for trips longer than 30 minutes you are required to fill out a personal health status questionnaire and submit to a temperature check. Schedules of ferries and Covid-19 guidelines can be found on Blue Star Ferries | Seajets | Minoan Lines
Access to all required health services will be provided by the Greek State free of charge to visitors with no insurance coverage. In the case of EU citizens, all related costs will be covered and then handled according to EU rules and Guidance Notes.